Monday, May 18, 2009

Ogden Half Marathon...13.1 Miles

Well back in December I was at a mission reunion and I was catching up with a girl from my mission. She told me she had run a half marathon in Ogden back in May and that she wanted to do it again the upcoming May but didn't have anybody to do it with. So I gladly volunteered. I have always wanted to run a marathon, I thought it would be a great accomplishment but thought it best to start with a half!! So we signed up and I started my training towards the end of January. Training was a good excuse to get back into jogging, which I hadn't been doing for a long time! I enjoyed getting back into it but I started to get burnt out the beginning of April. I started slacking a little because of being burnt out and I was in the process of moving. I managed to pull through and got back on track, but I wish I would have worked harder the last few weeks.


After completing the Half Marathon
My official time 2:33:30.64
Laura got me some nice flowers afterwards. I was pretty sore Saturday and Sunday. My knees and back are what hurt real bad and they didn't even bother me while I was training. I think because alot of the run was downhill through the canyon and I wasn't use to that. It was easier running on the flat ground. I missed my goal by a couple of minutes but I am not bothered by it because it was my first marathon, I finished, I ran the WHOLE time, and I was super close! We shall see about the future. I would like to do another half this fall and maybe the full marathon next May....

5 comments:

Lisa said...

congrats on finishing the race! that's so awesome!

Kunde Family said...

congrats! I am so proud! You have given me some motivation to run one now!

becky ward said...

look how cute you are AFTER you finished the race! what an accomplishment rosanne. and your finish time is nothing to gawk at...you did AWESOME! we are proud of you. now you are going to become a racing addict!(:

Michael and Megan said...

way to go rose!!!! next year you will have to come so spokane and run bloomsday. its the largest road race in the united states. COME VISIT ME!!! ps sorry i never called you back.

Fred and Carolyn said...

Rosanne: I think it is so cool that I have a daughter that can run a half marathon! Of course you should be able to, since you are the best daughter in the galaxy!